Thursday, August 26, 2010

King of the Buffoons -- Glen Beck

In view of what will surely be a spaztacular weekend for the Right-wingers with their hero Glen Beck, I must get a few words of my own in. Agree or disagree with me, I am not writing this for feedback, more so in hopes that a few of you that seemingly live on his every word, will take a moment and do so fact checking before swallowing all that is being fed.

First and foremost Mr. Beck is a media personality, meaning he is trying to sell you and get ratings for himself and Fox News, not serve your best interest. Secondly I have been viewing a lot of his stuff recently and in actuality a lot of his “historical” facts are incorrect, and sadly enough there are enough people out there that lack a true knowledge of US and World History that actually believe this buffoon. He, much like the man he loves to demonize, is using the fears and raw emotions of people to achieve his own agenda—that being making Glen Beck more money and more fame.

I am always told by my right-wing friends that the left is full of loons, well my friends, this is your loon. Recently I have stepped away from any heavy political discussion, because quite frankly both sides have nothing real that they are offering. We have a President who cannot get his own party to work with him and has taken on much more than he can chew- offering nothing but the repetitiveness of blaming it on the preceding President. Look at this point Mr. President, we know what happened and how we got here, I am tired of hearing your stump speech on what G.W. Bush did wrong. I want to hear it on what we are doing right and how we will continue to make things better, and then, ready…here’s the kicker…I want to see results.

Now to the other major party, well, quit trying to block every piece of legislation, on a just because basis. You have offered nothing new to the conversation, you offer revamped old ideas that didn’t work when you tried them before, and well, probably wouldn’t work again. You feed the people with fears and try to delegitimize our President, YES OUR PRESIDENT.

Back to Mr. Beck, again this man is the King of the Buffoons, and if you really think that this man is there to serve your best interest, you are and will be sadly mistaken. Is he entertaining to watch, of course, but have no doubts his agenda is not about you or the welfare of this nation….it is about what is best for Glen Beck.

I will leave you with this, if you are looking for information about US History, visit a museum, or pick up a history book, never, and I don’t care which news network you watch, never trust information from a media spokesperson as legitimate.

1 comment: