Saturday, September 18, 2010

Keep On Moving On

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of change and growth for me.

· Thursday afternoon I received a message from one of the brothers at my Lodge (I am a Freemason for those that didn’t know), and he asked if I could come and sit in on an interview that was going to be done with our local paper here in Weymouth. I tend to be a very reserved person when it comes to dealing with the media, but I also feel I have a certain obligation to my Lodge and my fellow Masons. So I did end up going, but when the report came to me and asked me what it was that made me become a Mason and why I got out of it, for once in my life I didn’t have to piece together a response it just rolled out, which signifies to me it was nothing forced and the way I felt about it.

To summarize it my response was I joined the Freemasons because I was looking to be a part of something bigger than myself and have an opportunity to give back to my community. Which I have, but also there was a bonus that I had not anticipated, I have, and continue to make acquaintance and friends with some of the best guys I have had the pleasure to meet.



· Other events of the past few weeks have included being passed up for a promotion at my company and essentially being told that I had no leadership ability, and the irony of that is that same weekend I attended a leadership conference. I am not a sore sport, but I had to realize after four years with no advancement the time to move on has come. I have spent too much time trying to prove that I am worth it to these people, when I shouldn’t have to. I know I am worth it and though I can be replaced and another person will be able to do the job, they are going to be losing a hard-working and dedicated employee. At this point however it is something that I need to do for me, being held back because I do not seem to appease this management team is not going to be the end of my career advancement. I know what I am worth and I know sooner or later I am going to find a company that is willing to take a chance on me and find out exactly what I am capable of when given the opportunity.



· Gill and I have continued to remain civil and have made progress at getting our assets (bank accounts) divided. Pretty much all that is left to do at this point is to find places to live. I am happy to report that she may have a potential place for her and Skylar, and it pleases me more that it sounds as though it will be a safe environment for both of them. Keeping my fingers crossed for them.
It seems as though some people are still having issues grasping the fact that even though we are getting divorced we are able to remain civil and stay friends. Sorry folks that is how I roll.
We spend too much time in this life being mad and angry, I see no need for it, I have once chance at this life and I have no desire for more enemies.



· On notes of my own divorce, I came to find that a very dear friend has run into difficult times and I continue to pray for her and hers that things will work out in what is in the best interest for all. This is one of a few people in my life that I would do just about anything for and I know she knows it, but I keep feeling the need to reminder her. I might drive her crazy, but I think she knows my intentions are just out of concern for her. I hate to know that she is hurting and I can’t just go give her a big hug. Hang in there sweetie.



· I have pretty much scrapped the book I was trying to work on yet again. I have to put my focus back on finding a new job right now and I have a feeling this is not going to be an easy search. There are tons of jobs out there right now, but as I read through each one I continue to feel as though finding something that I am qualified for just isn’t happening. I really long for the days of when an education meant something. When I first went to college they told us go get the education and there will be better jobs for you…well I am still looking for those better jobs. My friends who just did high school make more than I do, maybe they had the right idea.
All of these jobs out there want X amount of years experience and all I have are some expensive pieces of paper and a mind to do a ton of work.
So it goes. I need to just keep pushing ahead and soon I will find something worthwhile.



Well that’s all I have for now. I still have a lot on my mind that I need to decipher, but for now I am going to keep on moving along. Keep the faith and stay strong people…I’ll catch you all on the dark side of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment